LIsten to sample tracks on our homepage: cgtrio.com
This album contains several brand new arrangements, and also some previously unreleased versions of CGT classics. Howard Givens did an amazing job on the mix, making this our most "acoustic" album yet. Each of these tracks marks a significant milestone in our 20 years of work together. Although all the pieces were recorded in different studios at different times, Howard found a way to make it sound as if you were sitting in the same room with us, sharing the experience.
Tony Levin is featured on 3 tracks playing upright bass and cello. Chicago guitar virtuoso Fareed Haque plays some beautiful classical guitar on an arrangement of Vivaldi's 'Winter'.
1. Passacaglia, J.S. Bach (BWV 582), Featuring Tony Levin
2. Adagio Sostenuto, Moonlight Sonata, Ludwig Van Beethoven
3. Presto Agitato, Moonlight Sonata, Ludwig Van Beethoven
4. Adagio Opus 11, Samuel Barber
5. Prelude Circulation, J.S. Bach (BWV 988), Featuring Tony Levin
6. William Tell Overture, Gioachino Rossini
7. Allegro Con Brio, Symphony No. 5, Ludwig Van Beethoven
8. Winter, Four Seasons, Allegro, Antonio Vivaldi, Featuring Fareed Haque
9. Toccata and Fuga J.S. Bach (BWV 565)
10. Fratres, Arvo Part
11. Ave Maria Franz Schubert, Featuring Tony Levin
Produced by California Guitar Trio
Edited and Mixed by Howard Givens at Spotted Peccary Studios, Portland OR 2011
Mastered by Steve Hall at Future Disc
Recordings engineered by John Sinks, Tom Mark, Tony Geballe, Dan Nichols, Tony Levin and CGT.
Special thanks to Tom Redmond, Don Ayers, Monique Vigneron, Stan Funicelli, and Robert Fripp.